The former Edgecliff Tuberculosis Hospital in Spokane Valley served as a regional tuberculosis treatment center from when it was built in 1915 until it closed in 1978. The buildings were boarded and permanently closed in the 1980’s, sitting vacant for ten years as vandalism took its toll.
Early in 2002, a local non-profit housing organization joined with private investors to rehabilitate the historic structure into a residential housing project serving low-income seniors. The historic character of the old hospital has been maintained and restored to its original appearance and dignity. Careful attention was paid to the appearance and detailing of building additions to reflect the historic character of the original 1915 buildings.